Petrusia G. Kotlar, DC
Dr. Kotlar received her doctorate from New York Chiropractic College with certifications as a Certified Chiropractic Sports Team Physician (CCSP) and Cox Flexion/ Distraction Technique. Over three decades of experience in her holistic health care practice emphasizes wellness, spinal health, posture, therapeutic exercise and nutrition for bone health, endurance and adrenal support. She believes core health exercise strategies and spinal alignment are imperative in achieving spinal health in neck and back pain conditions, in overly stressed lifestyles and maintaining reproductive health.
Dr. Kotlar holds chiropractic licenses in the states of New York and New Jersey. Wellness care and spinal maintenance have been her practice model of choice. Most recently she has been an advocate and public speaker on wellness and longevity, organizing quarterly health and wellness retreats. When not adjusting spines, she is a beekeeper, apitherapist, part time farmer, practitioner researcher and avid
recreational volleyball player. Dr. Kotlar is enthusiastic to be a part of The Wellness Place and Ascend Spine Center as a team player and looks forward to treat families in this whole new revolution in Wellcare!
- Performance Physical Medicine – East Rutherford, New Jersey(2021 – present)Provider of chiropractic services and physical medicine specifically: chiropractic spinal manipulative therapy, adjustments, posture reeducation, manual therapy, modalities including therapeutic ultrasound, muscle stimulation, intersegmental traction, hot and cold therapy, myofascial cupping and kinesiotaping. Knowledge Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems such as Eclipse, Atlas and Axis.
- Kotlar ChiroStretch – Towaco, New Jersey(2021 – present)Developer of one on one assisted therapeutic stretching program targeting overutilized muscle groups to improve mobility, decrease pain and improve posture.
- The Joint Chiropractic – West Caldwell & Englewood, New Jersey(2016 – 2020)Part of a wellness team at this chiropractic facility whose mission is to improve quality of life by providing routine and affordable chiropractic care. “Stretch of the Week with Dr. Kotlar” was videoed at this location and continued on social media (https://thehealthyhive.com/category/chiropractic )
- Spinal Health and Wellness Center – New York City, New York(1995 – 2017)Sole proprietor and director of full chiropractic care facility. Provided conservative spinal adjustments, physical therapy modalities, nutritional and herbal advice and remedial corrective exercises. Specialized in alignment, posture, and spinal health.
- Rejuvenation Vacations– Towaco, New Jersey(2016 – present)Retreat organizer and specialized travel event planner in wellness experiences, for individuals and groups, scheduling a network of therapists, yoga instructors, speakers and unique activities. Organized 20+ wellness retreats between March 2017 and the present. Entails planning, managing, and organizing health and wellness workshops most efficiently.
- Valley Road Chiropractic Center – Clifton, New Jersey(1988 – 2000)Provided full x-ray services and interpretation of spinal studies in addition to full Chiropractic services.
- Earlier Occupational Experience (1984-1988)
- Clifton Chiropractic Center – Clifton New Jersey
- Butler Chiropractic – Butler, New Jersey
- Spinal Biomechanics Clinic – New York, New York
- Mid-Manhattan Chiropractic Center – New York, New York
- Licensed as Doctor of Chiropractic in states of: New York and New Jersey.
- Functional Movement Techniques Certification FMT – Kinesiotaping, Carle Place, New York (2016)
- National College of Chiropractic Chicago Illinois COX Flexion/Distraction Certification Program for Discogenic Conditions (1996)
- New York Chiropractic College, Old Brookville, New York (1985) Postgraduate American Chiropractic Association Council on Physical Fitness and Sports Injury Program – Certified Sports Team Physician (CCSP)
- New York Chiropractic College, Old Brookville, New York (1984) Degree: Doctor of Chiropractic
- Rutgers University Newark College of Arts and Sciences (1979)Degree: Bachelor of ArtsMajor: Zoological Sciences Minor: Psychology/ Eastern European Studies
- North East Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Grant Award “Alternative HoneyBee Nutrition- Beyond Sugar Syrup.” (2011)
- Pennsylvania State University and Woskob Endowment Award for Ukraine Travel (2011)
- Rutgers (Newark Collage of Arts and Sciences) Athletic Hall of Fame: Women’s Volleyball Induction (2004)
Lectures and Speaking Engagements
- “Nutrition and Wellness as a Means to a Healthy Longevity” (2015-present): presentation
- “Introduction to Apitherapeutics” (2017): webinar and powerpoint presentation
- “Apitherapy- Medicinal Gifts from the Hive” presentation (2015): ” lecture and powerpoint presentation
- “BEE DANCE- Steps to a New Future in Beekeeping” (2014): short video documentary with proposed solutions to the present-day global bee decline
- “US-Ukraine Honey Bee Project- How Can We Change the Future?” (2012): video documentary on Beekeeping in Ukraine proposing 5 potential areas of collaboration between US and Ukraine
- “Non-Traditional Medical Treatments.” (2007): speaker at UMANA (Ukrainian Medical Association of North America) Conference, Kerhonkson, NY
- “Herbs for Health”, “Herbal Health for Women” (2002): taught evening courses at the Ramsey, New Jersey Adult School
Continuing Education & Seminars
- (2021) Longevity and the Wellness Lifestyle: The Inextricable Link NYCC Webinar
- (2021) Communicating Chiropractic & Active Care – The Posture Longevity Connection NYCC Webinar
- (2020) Myofascial Cupping & Compression Band Flossing NYCC PR – San Juan
- (2020) Kinesiology Taping Redefined NYCC PR – San Juan
- (2020) Maximizing the Synergy of Nutrition and Herbal Therapies Part 1 &2 NYCC PR – San Juan
- (2019) Optimal Nutrition and Supplement Strategies for Neuromuscular Injuries Part 2 NYCC PR
- (2019) Chiropractic Rehabilitation Standards for the Spine and Associated Regions Part 1&2- NYCC PR
- (2016) The Top Five Nutritional Assessment Techniques. NYCC Winter Getaway in PR. Standard Process
- (2016) Nutritional Foundations Every Patient Can Benefit From. NYCC Winter Getaway in PR. Standard Process
- (2015) Diagnostic Imaging: A review of the Cervical and Lumbar Spine Part 1 & 2. NYCC Winter Getaway in PR.
- (2015) Nutritional Protocols for Everyday Living: “From Synthetic to Natural” Part 1&2. NYCC Winter Getaway in PR. Standard Process
- (2013) Apimondia-International Apicultural Congress –Scientific Program “Beyond the Hive: Beekeeping and Global Challenges” Kyiv, Ukraine.
- (2011) Neurological Dysregulation: How the Subluxation Affects the Brain. A CE seminar covering Brainwaves and States of Consciousness, EEG, Neurofeedback, Abnormal Brainwave Patterns related to ADD/ ADHD, Autism, Migraine, Chronic Pain Syndromes, Insomnia, Memory Loss, Post Traumatic Stress.
- (2011) 10th International Herb Symposium Wheaton College, Massachusetts “Celebrating the Healing Power of Plants”
- (2011) “Diverse Landscapes of Ukraine: Celebrating 20 Years of Ukrainian Independence” – symposium @Penn State University, College of Agricultural Sciences, University Park, PA
- (2009) “Dynamic Analysis Treatment and Rehabilitation of Movement Dysfunctions”, a CE seminar introducing Braincore/Neurocore Therapy, by University of Bridgeport
- (2006) New York Chiropractic College Levittown, New York Continuing Education:
- Fundamentals of Herbal Therapy and Their Application in Clinical Practice
- Cardiovascular Disorders April2006
- Endocrine Disorders May 2006
- Ethics, Documentation, Record Keeping and Patient Communication May 2006
- (2006) The Science and Art of Herbology, Sage Mountain Herbal Center. Completed Intensive Apprenticeship with Rosemary Gladstar in the didactic, therapeutic and field work of Herbalism
- (2005) Botanical Therapies in Chiropractic Practice. New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, New York.
- (2005) Voices of the Herbal Renaissance 7th International Herb Symposium Wheaton College, Massachusetts.