Stinging Nettle Soup | A Spring Tonic
Posted on August 5th, 2016 & filed in Recipes
A nice way to come out of hibernation and begin adding new growth and green life to our plates.
Stinging Nettle Soup – a spring tonic
This green tonic soup is packed with vitamins and minerals especially in early spring, if root vegetable and rich stews dominated our diet during the winter months. A nice way to come out of hibernation and begin adding new growth and green life to our plates.
- a basketful stinging nettles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small potato scrubbed and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1tsp sour cream/plain yogurt or parmesan cheese
- dash paprika and/or tumeric
- Pick, wash and plunge your nettles – hands protected – into a saucepan.
- Boil nettles in broth for about 15 min.
- Add butter, toppings and dash of paprika
- Enjoy the taste of spring!